Board Member Nomination Process
Please take the time to read the process before viewing the Nomination Form at the bottom of this page
The 2013 NESSARA Board of Directors Election Process is set to begin. If you are a regular member interested becoming more actively involved in our efforts to protect and enhance the rights of automotive industry business owners, please consider placing your name on the ballot.
The following procedures, dates, and information are important information to understand and follow if you are interested in joining the 2013 NESSARA Board.
The Board of Directors consists of not fewer than seven (7) and not more than fifteen (15) individuals who are nominated and elected in the following manner:
- Each Regular Member in good standing shall have the opportunity to place his or her name into consideration for any open seat on the Board of Directors.
- Nomination papers will be publicly made available to all Regular Members by May 1st of the calendar year in which the elections will be held.
- Regular Members wishing to be placed on the election ballot must return their nomination papers with a minimum of (5) signatures from other regular members showing support for their placement on the election ballot by July 31st of the calendar year in which the elections will be held (contact the NESSARA office if you require assistance in identifying Regular NESSARA members).
- Regular members who properly return completed nomination papers by the July 31st deadline, will have their names placed on that calendar year’s election ballot.
- Election ballots will be made public to the Regular Members by Oct. 1st of that calendar year.
- Election ballots must be returned by Nov. 15th of that calendar year.
- Each open seat on the Board of Directors will be filled by a regular member according to the order of finish in the election:
Election results will be announced by Dec. 1st of that calendar year.
The regular member receiving the highest number of votes will fill the first open seat, the 2nd highest vote getter will fill the 2nd open seat, and so on until all open seats for that calendar year are filled.
- Newly elected board members will be seated on Jan. 1st of the year following their election.
Term of Office
Each Board Member shall serve for a term of three (3) years following his or her election. The Board is divided into (3) three groups, with a maximum of (5) five Directors positions open during any single election cycle.
Compensation of Directors
The Directors of the Association shall serve without compensation.
The Board of Directors may meet monthly at a time and place determined by a majority of the members of the Board. All notices of meeting shall be given no later than ten (10) days before the meeting.
- Any or all meetings of the Board of Directors of this Association may be held anywhere in the United States.
- A minimum of six (6) Board of Directors meetings shall be held in each calendar year.
- Roberts Rules of Orders shall be the guide in the conduct of all meetings
Meetings are commonly held on the 2nd Tues of each month at the NESSARA Corporate Office @ 6:30 PM.
The Regular Members of the Association shall consist of any owner, lessee or consignee/commission agent of an automotive repair facility or gasoline service station operating in New England in good membership standing with the Association.
Each Regular Member will have the opportunity to vote once (1) during an election cycle. Completed ballots must be mailed, emailed, faxed or completed at www.nessara.org by Nov. 15th.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at:
NESSARA Corporate Office
574 Boston Rd. #12
Billerica, MA 01821